Get your mind and feet ready for the 36th Annual Hawai‘i Pacific Health Great Aloha Run on Monday, February 17, 2020! Invite your friends and family to join you and make it an ‘OHANA affair! YOUR participation is why we can give money back to Hawaii’s charities!
ALL finishers will receive an Annual Finishers Medal.
How to Register
Registration for the 36th Annual Hawai‘i Pacific Health Great Aloha Run has begun! Like us on on Facebook and follow us on Instagram and Twitter to watch for future announcements on special registration flash sales and upcoming Social Media contests for your chance to win great prizes from our generous Sponsors!
If you prefer to mail your entry form and non-refundable donation directly to the Great Aloha Run office, you can download the 2020 Official Entry Form here!
*Keiki Great Aloha Run ONLY* — If you are looking to participate in the Keiki Great Aloha Run on Saturday, February 8th, 2020, Click here to register! Want more info? Click here for the Keiki Great Aloha Run event page!
|Entry Donation Levels||Thru Nov. 29||Thru Jan. 24||At Expo|
|Babies in Strollers||$10.00||$10.00||$10.00|
|Keiki 5 – 12 years old||$25.00||$25.00||$25.00|
|Seniors 65 years and older||$25.00||$25.00||$25.00|
|Individual 13 – 64 years old||$40.00||$45.00||$60.00|
|Military 13 – 64 years old||$35.00||$35.00||$35.00|
|Lucky 7 Team 21 years and older||$280.00||$280.00||Closed|
Baby in Stroller Entries
A child 4 years and younger must be registered on the adult operator’s entry form. Babies in strollers start at the back of the pack and strollers must be walked through the entire course. Some exclusions apply to baby stroller participants:
- Baby is not eligible for the In Training T-shirt promotion, awards and/or random draw prizes
- Baby is not eligible for Presidents’ 100 Club promotion
- Baby is not eligible for Lucky 7 promotion
- Babies are untimed
- Baby is not eligible for Finisher’s T-shirt
Keiki & Senior Entries
- Keiki and Seniors registered by Nov. 29, 2019 are eligible for the In Training T-shirt promotion
- Eligible for Presidents’ 100 Club promotion
- Keiki are NOT eligible for Lucky 7 promotion
- Seniors are not eligible for Lucky 7 promotion at discounted price
- Each team member must be over 21 years of age
- Each team member must complete a registration form
- A Lucky 7 Team Form must be completed for mailed Lucky 7 entries
- Lucky 7 members registered by Nov. 29, 2019, are eligible for the In Training T-shirt promotion
- Lucky 7 teams must have all 7 participants registered under their team name by Jan. 24, 2020 for manual entries, Feb. 3, 2020 for online entries. Any teams that do not have 7 registered participants over 21 years of age will be eligible for the Lucky 7 drawing and will be defaulted to the Individual category.
- Not eligible for Presidents’ 100 Club promotion
- Not eligible for Military discount
- Presidents’ 100 Club member registered by Nov. 29, 2019, are eligible for the In Training T-shirt promotion
- Must include your Presidents’ 100 Club code when registering
- Not eligible for Lucky 7 or High School Challenge promotion
- Not eligible for Military discount
- For active duty/reserve/national guard, family members, retired and dependents only.
- Must show ID at Packet pick-up
- Military registered by Nov. 29, 2019 are eligible for the In Training T-shirt promotion
- Not eligible for the Presidents’ 100 Club, High School Challenge or Lucky 7 promotion
- Individuals registered by Nov. 29, 2019, are eligible for the In Training T-shirt promotion
- Students registered by Nov. 29, 2019, are eligible for the In Training T-shirt promotion
- Not eligible for Presidents’ 100 Club, Military or Lucky 7 promotion
- Must register with your High School Coordinator
Participant perks with your registration include:
- Finisher T-shirt
- Free entry into the GAR Sports, Health & Fitness Expo
- Post-race refreshments
- Chance to win prizes @ Expo and Finish line
- On course entertainment
- Finish line entertainment
- Your entry donation helps out hundreds of Hawaii charities
- Free transportation to the start line
All entries/ bib numbers are non-transferable from one person/participants to another person/participant. Sale, trade and/or transfer of race entry/bib number is strictly prohibited and may result in the disqualification of and/or banning offenders from participating at future events. Anyone caught attempting to sell or transfer their race entry/bib number to another person/participant or participate in the race using another participants bib number, will have said race entry/bib number canceled and/or revoked be disqualified, and be removed from the race without refund. Entry donation for the GAR, and payment for commemorative items, or any other GAR related purchases are non-refundable. Dates, times and prices are subject to change, and the race are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.
Provide a correct and legible email address at registration. Registration confirmation is sent by email; so do not delete this important message! When you share your email address with us, you will receive only race related messages.
Not sure if you registered or not? No worries! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: If you registered via paper entry, allow 2-4 weeks for our entry application to be processed and data entered.
Need another registration confirmation email sent to you? To request a new confirmation email, please email email@example.com by Feb. 2, 2020. Please provide the exact name that you used to register.
Personal Data Corrections
If you need to change your address, email address, etc. email firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10, 2020 and we can make that change for you. Any changes after January 10, 2020 must be done at the packet pick help desk.
Race Divisions & Awards
Elite Division Challenge
Competitive runners must qualify for the elite division. Proof of running /race times must be presented at the Expo Packet Pick-up to receive a special elite bib number to race. To race in the Elite Division, register as an individual and verify your elite status at the Packet Pick-up Elite Desk. To qualify for the elite division and the chance to win the cash prize, you must have the following finish times or better:
- Male: Sub 47 minute finish time for a 13K distance or 5:45 minute pace per mile. All results must be within 6 months of the GAR to qualify
- Female: Sub 57 minute finish time for a 13K distance or 7:00 minute pace per mile. All results must be within 6 months of the GAR to qualify.
Prize money awarded to top 3 male and female elites
- 1st Place Elite: $1,200
- 2nd Place Elite: $750
- 3rd Place Elite: $500
Bank of Hawaii Military Elite Challenge
For Active Duty Military Only (no dependents). Must show military ID at packet pick-up. To race in the Military Elite Division, register as military and verify your military status at the packet pick-up elite desk. Once verified, you will receive an elite bib number.
Prize money awarded to top 3 male and female military elites
- 1st Place Military Elite: $1,000
- 2nd Place Military Elite: $500
- 3rd Place Military Elite: $250
Competitive Wheelchairs & Hand Cycles
Brakes required. National Wheelchair Athletic Association rules apply. Mandatory check-in at Expo Packet Pick-up is required. Medals will be mailed to the first 3 male and female winners.
Medals for the top 10 male and female finishers based on gun time. Top 10 male and female finishers are not eligible for age group awards.
Based on net time. Division medals will be mailed to the first 3 male and female age group winner about 2 weeks after the race to the following divisions: 5-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+. Any child in a stroller is not eligible for age group awards.
Sounds of Freedom
Sounds of Freedom is for Military running in formation with their unit, consisting of service men and women from all branches of service. The Sounds of Freedom is not a chip timed race. It is a march with all branches in their units calling out cadence, running in formation in PT gear, as “The Sounds of Freedom!”
Sounds of Freedom may register for the GAR through their unit SOF coordinator as a group. Do not register with the “Official Entry Form” as this form is for the general public, and service men women NOT running with their units in formation. Family members may NOT register under the SOF. Family member may still participate in the GAR by registering with the Official Entry Form and running the race with the other GAR participants. Family is NOT allowed to run with the SOF.
Entry into the SOF is complimentary. A commemorative SOF Finisher T-shirt can be purchased separately for $15 via POC instructions. Your unit SOF coordinator will pick up your bib number prior to race day and issue them out on the bus race morning. SOF may only take the Military buses from your assigned base. The buses are for SOF participant only!
For more information, contact your unit SOF coordinator or the GAR Office at 528-7388 or email email@example.com.